1. I'm really attracted with Mohd Puad Zarkashi's explanation that it's not possible for politic practice or dynasty to happen easily in UMNO.
2. The reason is UMNO's law has been amended to allow 146,000 delegates will chose who will be going to general meeting and not the delegates that small in number will chose.
3. Divisions are different sizes. There are divisions ten times bigger than the other.
4. Taken into consideration are not number of delegates vote but number of divisions nominate and appoint. Number of division is actually less than number of delegates going to general meeting. Voters will not increased but reduced.
5. Previously, some divisions don't have power, but now more powerful than the delegates.
6. I was chosen by Tun Hussein who is not my family to become Deputy Prime Minister. Those who chose me to become Deputy UMNO President are delegates chosen to general meeting. Obviously, many are dissatisfied and angry but there is no other candidate for them to vote. Same thing happened when I chosen as President. Then I was challenged. But I won even with only 43 votes.
7. I'm just reminding in my blog that family ties shouldn't be made as basic selection or rejection.
8. I couldn't understand why I was wrong for saying that only those are eligible and love UMNO have the right to be appionted to all positions and family ties cannot be the basic for selection or rejection.
9. Is UMNO wants family ties to be the basic for selection?
10. I didn't say anything about Dato Seri Najib. I'm just making general statement. If anyone feels offended, it's their problem.
11. Eventhough in my opinion that family ties shouldn't be the basic to accept or reject but I forbid my son from chasing to be member or position in UMNO, unless appointed by the leader not family.
Source : Chedet blog
Written by : Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad
Written date : 15th January 2015
Translated by : Teratai Melur
Email : email@example.com