Nourishments in local fruits
In this economic crisis, consumers sighed about increasing prices in goods especially foods. Unfortunately, they don't have any choice but to buy it, even though the prices are increasing because foods are basic necessities. Foods are important in human growth and our daily lives. We need various types of nutrients to ensure strong and healthy body. We need to consume various types of foods to get balanced nutrients. One of important and nutritious food are fruits.
However, imported fruits such as orange, apple and grapes are considered expensive fruits. How can we get nutritious fruits and save money at the same time? We have to look for alternative fruits to ensure we get required balanced nutritious foods.
Our country is blessed with climate that is suitable for various types of tropical fruits cultivation. Local fruits tastes good and highly nutritious. We can buy cheaper, fresher local fruits than the imported ones. If you have a big garden, then you can grow local fruits such papaya and banana that is highly nutritious and easy to grow.
Let's take a look of nutritious contents in local fruits.
- Provides instant energy
- Helps in overcome constipation problem
- Consists of Tryptophan, a type of protein which enables body to change it into serotonin that will help you feel relax and happy.
- Encourages hemoglobin production in blood. This will help to prevent anemia.
- Consists of fibres that can prevent toxin in large intestine
- Rich in papain, an enzyme that is good for digestion process
- Good for heart
- Helps in healing wound
- Good for constipation
- Effective in reducing cholesterol rate and glucose level in blood
- An effective antioxidant
- Improves skin condition and prevent skin problem
- Raw guava juice can relief cough and cold
- Helps to reduce prostate cancer risk and cardiovascular diseases. Watermelon seeds is good protein source.
- Increase immunisation system to unable diseases to attack.
- Rich in vitamin B that is required for energy production.
- Able to control blood pressure.
- High in potassium with small sodium content which helps in reducing blood pressure.
- Protect from eye problems that related with age because of richness in antioxidant
- Helps in buildup of healthy bones
- Helps in reducing cough and phlegm
- Protects our body from free radicals that will attack healthy cells.
- Helps in building natural immunisation system
- Helps to avoid in plaque formation
Source : Berita Harian
Translated by : Teratai Melur
Email ; firstname.lastname@example.org