WHY DECLARATION AND NOT NO CONFIDENCE VOTE
1. In a democratic country the way to change a Government or a Prime Minister it through table a motion no confidence in Parliment.
2. In Malaysia, PM can be removed in any ways if able to prove that the PM doesn't have majority support of Representatives even though there isn't any motion about it. This means majority Representatives (Government and Opposition) present a confession in form of written, signed and witnessed that they no longer trust Najib, then Yang diPertuan Agong can removed Najib. It's same as what Najib did to Perak in 2009 and to Kedah, recently.
3. But, as we all know BN Representatives that forms majority members in Parliment has tied themselves to Najib and won't sign any declaration that didn't support him. Shahrir Samad and Ahmad Maslan admitted with statement issued by Dato' Nazir, Najib's brother that he received USD 7 million to be distributed to BN leaders shows that they received bribery from Najib
4. Therefore, there won't be any motion of no confidence. Attempt were made made with identify 24 24 BN representatives who is not put self-interest, feels responsible, cares about nation willing to support this motion of no-confidence with representatives form opposition. This attempt failed because even though they realised about Najib's wrongdoing, due to self interest, scared of actions will taken as to Tans Sir Muhyiddin Yassin and to Datuk Seri Shafie Apdal, scared to other kind of actions will be taken by Najib, no one is willing to sign confession to remove Najib. Therefore, vote of no confidence won't take palce.
5. Forming a declaration demanding Najib's removal is not in Constitution and maybe not effective. Najib will not resign. But Malay Rulers are aware of peoples cries.
6. At times when apposing Malayan Union, Malay Rulers was force by British to sign the agreement to give Malay States to them, rakyat rose and urged the Malay Rulers not to attend and recognize the appointment of Governor for Malayan Union. The Malay Rulers didn't attend and the British have to cancel the Malayan Union plan and establish Federation of Malaya in 1948
7. Therefore, we can conclude that people voice has its own strength.
8. That's why Citizen Declaration is important.
Source: Chedet Blog
Written by : Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad
Date written : 6th April 2016
Link : chedet.cc//p=2055
Translated by : Teratai Melur
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org