1. It's really sad when I can't avoid from the fact that the Prime Minister is lying. The 1MDB money that were said being brought back from Cayman Islands and parked at BSI Singapore bank, the written answer from Prime Minister to Parliment not even close to the truth.
2. First lie is there isn't any 1MDB cash being brought back.
3. Second, there isn't any cash deposited in BSI bank in Singapore.
4. It's a clear amendment from the first answer, that is, not cash amounting to USD 1.103 billion (RM3.6 billion) deposited in BSI bank but document (acknowledgement letter) is kept in bank. What is that letter is not explained but clearly, it's not cash.
5. Then, BSI bank said that the document that stated deposit by 'Brazen Sky', a 1MDB subsidiary is false and not issued by them. So, clearly, second written statement by Najib to Parliment saying that document is being kept there is also not true.
6. BSI bank has reported to Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS - Singapore Financial Authorise) that money of 1MDB is kept with them.
7. Normally, MAS would report to Bank Negara. This is a clear acknowledgement that the so-called report is bound under Egmont principles of information exchange and secrets under Section 10 AMLA. With this statement, it's clear that Bank Negara have received the Monetary Authority Singapore report.
8. Surely, the reason to keep it as a secret because something is wrong or Najib lied when he answered that the cash is parked in BSI bank in Singapore.
9. Cover-up in Government dealings is wrong.
10. Here, I wrote the provision in Malaysia Penal Code (Malaysia Criminal Law) Section 218.
11. "Whoever being a public servant, and being as such public servant, charged with the preparation of any record or other writing, frames that record or writing in a manner which he knows to be incorrect, with intent to cause, or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby cause, loss or injury to the public, or to any person, or with intent to save, or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby save any person from legal punishment, or with intent to save, or knowing that he is likely thereby to save any property from forfeiture or other charge to which it is liable by law, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years or with fine or with both."
12. It's clear that the Prime Minister and government officers, Bank Negara and 1MDB claimed that the cash is being brought back from Cayman Islands and parked at BSI bank in Singapore, also, amendment to first answer that not cash being brought back and parked in Singapore but it's the document is all not true. Those who made this report have committed crime under Section 218.
13. Something serious is happening. Government's seven billion ( seven thousand million) Ringgit owned money that was borrowed with Government guarantee unable to trace it's whereabouts and attempts being made to lie to Parliment and nation. There are criminal elements involved which require police investigation and if the money is unable to trace, then all those involved must be tried by the law.
Source : Chedet blog
Written by : Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad
Date written : 24th May 2015
Link : chedet.cc/?p=1723
Translated by : Teratai Melur
E-mail : email@example.com